20 in stock
Castor oil is a multi-purpose vegetable oil that people have used for thousands of years. Rickinos or Retsina, the plant from which castor oil is extracted, is native to the southeastern Mediterranean, including Greece, in East Africa and India, although it is not known where it comes from. The plant has also been acclimated to other areas of the earth with a tropical climate, where it is used as an ornamental. The use of castor oil has been known since ancient times. In China, India and Ancient Egypt, it was used in cooking, as a light oil and for therapeutic purposes. Castor oil is thought to increase absorption in the skin and are sometimes used in the treatment of various skin conditions, including dermatosis, psoriasis, and acne. Castor oil is also promoted for the hair or eyelashes growth.
• Helps to strengthen the immune system.
• Is considered effective for the treatment of arthritis.
• It is excellent massage oil for sore muscles and joints.
• For inflammation of the nerves.
• For pains from rheumatism.
• For gastrointestinal problems, constipation and menstrual disorders.
• Effective for the treatment of fungal infections
• Used locally to treat bunions and remove the warts.
• Due to the large amount of vitamin E it contains, it is excellent against skin ageing.
• It is applied in the treatment of lichens, abscesses, bruising, dermatitis, sunburn, open ulcers etc.
• The castor oil is known for its ability to thicken the eyebrows and eyelashes (you can rub some castor oil on them every night).
• Helps in hair loss (put on your head castor oil blended with olive oil, wrap your head with a warm towel and leave it one hour. Then you’re bathed).
• Helps in the natural production of collagen and elastin in the deepest layers of the skin. Deeply hydrates and regenerates its cells.
• Cleans the pores and softens the hard parts of the body (knees, elbows, soles).
• Helps a lot in dryness of hair and moisturizes dehydrated and damaged hair (put some castor oil on your palms and rub them to warm up the oil. Then pass it on to your hair and gently massage the roots and the edges. Then your hair will become stronger, gain elasticity and will not break at the edges).
• The castor oil dissolved in base oil is a stunning moisturizing lotion for after bathing or sunbathing.
• It is very good for the lips, both for their beautiful appearance and for their health.