20 in stock
The oil of black cumin is a light yellow oil, with a characteristic odor, obtained from the plant called Black cumin (Nigella Sativa L) by the method of cold extraction to preserve its biological capacity. Black cumin oil is rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids, such as linoleic and twenties, which are of great value as nutritional supplements. The oil of black cumin is called “Oil of the Pharaohs” because it was found in a tomb of Tutankhamen and other Egyptian pharaohs. It is known to have been used by Cleopatra for his qualities in health and beauty. Hippocrates, the grandfather of today’s scientific medicine, considers it valuable in liver and digestive disorders. It is particularly effective in the fight against eczema, fungal infections, psoriasis and acne problems. Contributes to better bowel function, improvement of bronchial asthma symptoms, anti-headaches and has a stimulating effect on the body. It can form the black cumin excellent tonic when mixed with honey and garlic in people with asthma or cough, as well as those who want to strengthen the immune.
• Enhances appetite, taste perception, digestion, vision, strength and lactation
• Used to treat fever, diarrhea, vomiting, bloating in the abdomen, swellings and postpartum disorders.
• Cumin is beneficial for heart disease, swellings, people with a lack of taste, vomiting, poor digestion and chronic fever.
• Has antidiabetic, immunological, antiepileptic, anticancer and antimicrobial properties.
• Improves saliva secretion and relieves digestive disorders.
• Can be used as an antioxidant. Its antioxidant potential is correlated with the content of phenol in cumin. Cuminaldehyde also has antimicrobial and antifungal properties.
• It is good for headaches, nasal congestion, toothache and intestinal parasites and for liver disorders.
• Helps to add an earthy and warm feel to the food, making it basic in some boiled and soups as well as in spiced sauces. It is also used as an ingredient in some pickles and sweets. In Cyprus, they use it as we use pepper.